How I work
I am registered with the British Association of Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy. As a qualified nutritional therapist I can assess and identify potential nutritional and biological imbalances, and help you understand how these might be contributing to your symptoms and health concerns.
Everyone is unique and I will recommend a personalised nutrition and lifestyle programme for you rather than a ‘one size fits all’ approach.
As a naturopath, I will also look at other areas of your life that might need to be addressed. I am particularly interested in sleep issues but equally important in your tailored programme will be stress reduction and finding a form of exercise you enjoy.
Six things that guide my practice:
- Do no harm I use methods and medicines (including food and food-based supplements) that minimize the risk of harmful side effects
- Find the underlying cause of the disease I work with you to identify and remove the underlying causes of illness, rather than by suppressing symptoms
- Teach the principles of healthy living and preventative medicine I will share my knowledge and enthusiasm with you to empower you to take responsibility for your own health
- Heal the whole person through an individualised treatment Together, we will piece together the unique physical, mental, emotional, genetic, environmental and social factors that have got you where you are, and I will customise a treatment specifically for you
- Emphasise prevention Once we have worked out what's really going on for you, I will recommend a range of naturopathic interventions (possibly for stress relief, for example) that can support you back to good health and help you stay there if possible
- Support the healing power of the body You will learn to recognise and remove things that are getting in the way of your body's natural healing processes